Sunday, June 24, 2012

Axl Rose Quotes

Axl Rose


Sometimes your friends are your lovers, or have been at one time.


FACT YOU want to know.....


Dr. Dre and Axl Rose might actually have been cut from the same artistic cloth.

Axl: I had a hard time laying off the booze, man. I needed the alcohol and the drugs to escape my reality, and when I figured that it was time to wake up, I went straight to rehab....it was the only way. 

Axl Rose: I don`t think everybody should be worshiping me `cause I was around before them. 


He had a fight with Kurt Cobain and Courtney Love in the MTV Music Awards (1992).

His biggest influences are Robert Plant (Led Zeppelin), Freddie Mercury (Queen), Elton John and Steven Tyler (Aerosmith).

Axl grew up listening to Elvis and Jimmy Swaggart records.

Axl started singing in church at age five, and later even taught Sunday school!

The initials of his name spells WAR. Acording to him, is purely accidental.

His first band was A.X.L.

Legally changed his name to W. Axl Rose in 1986. The `W` is legal, not an abbreviation, and was chosen because Rose did not wish to share the name William with his biological father.

2 comments: